This rich creamy mousse will tick all the boxes for a perfect dessert. Whilst eating normal chocolate mousses will undoubtedly lead to regret, eating this mousse will be a sweet treat to both your body and your taste buds.Combining the superfood, avocado, and 100% cocoa powder in this dessert will bring together a luxurious dessert which doesn’t cost much money or time to make. The avocado adds the velvety and creamy texture to the mousse and the cocoa powder adds a richness and depth into this dessert. This dessert is definitely a good guilt-free dish satisfy your sweet-tooth!
Avocado is considered as a superfood, as it has many benefits besides it’s healthy contribution to the recommended daily intake of different nutrients. There are many healthy fats and nutrients found in the avocado such as Omega 3, Potassium, Vitamin B and E which can protect your body from many diseases. The vitamins in the avocado help you maintain a strong immune system whilst the Omega 3 helps you prevent from heart diseases. Avocados can add a creamy texture and create a powerful nutritional boost in your dish.
Chocolate Avocado Mousse with Peanut Butter Swirl (Makes 2 Servings)
- 1 Ripe Avocado, sliced
- 1/4 Cup of Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 Cup of Milk (You could substitute it with any other type of milk, e.g Almond Milk or Soy Milk)
- 4 tbsp of Honey
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp of Peanut Butter (You could substitute it with Almond Butter)
- Any fruit to serve (Berries work best)
- Put the avocado, cocoa powder, milk, honey and vanilla extract into blender.
- Blend the mixture until it reaches a thick and smooth consistency.
- Spoon the mixture into 2 ramekins or bowl of your choice, and place into freezer to chill and set.
- Meanwhile, put the peanut butter into a heatproof boil and melt it in the microwave until it has become thinner, then set aside.
- Once the mousse has set and is cold, take out of the freezer.
- Using a knife take the melted peanut butter and swirl it into the mousse.
- Top with fruit of your choice and serve.
- Make sure to use fully ripe avocados. To test if they are ripe enough they should be soft to the touch.
- If you do not have a blender, you can use a mortar and pestle to mash the avocados and mix the ingredients together.
- This recipe can be very adaptable, you don’t have to use peanut butter or normal milk.